formularioHidden
formularioRDF
Login

 

Buscar en La Rioja Turismo close

EMPIEZA A TECLEAR...

TU BÚSQUEDA NO HA OBTENIDO NINGÚN RESULTADO.

Panel Information

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros para mejorar la experiencia de navegación y ofrecer contenidos de interés. Al continuar con la navegación entendemos que se acepta nuestra política de cookies.

See and Do

facetas
filter_listFiltrar

348 results

...

Ortigosa de Cameros

We provide a full trip planning service. From the very first second down to the last details. We work closely with our customers, advising them and following their instructions and wishes so that the trip meets their expectations. We make and manage all the bookings and documents required.
Incoming activities:
  • Tailor-made trips for groups of all sizes and individuals.
    Day trips and stays of 1, 2, 4 and 6 nights.
  • Company activities, business trips, corporate reward trips, conferences, product presentations, etc.
  • Winery visits, tasting courses and events.
  • Combining food and wine to produce a synergy of smells and colours.
  • Visits to museums, monuments, castles, monasteries, the Way of St. James and historic towns.
  • Guided tours of the main tourist towns.
  • Routes through vines and over mountains by foot, on bike, by buggy or on horseback.
  • Adventure sports, water sports, skiing and golf.
  • Beauty treatments and wine therapy.
  • Thermal baths, yoga and pilates.
  • Truffle and wild mushroom picking.
  • Hunting and fishing.
  • Flights in light aircraft and hot air balloons, paintball and quad bikes.
  • All kinds of celebration (weddings, hen and stag parties, etc.) and any event that comes to mind: make your own wine, fireworks, magic, open-air concerts, etc.
  • Hotel bookings and transport reservations.

Ortigosa de Cameros

We provide a full trip planning service. From the very first second down to the last details. We work closely with our customers, advising them and following their instructions and wishes so that the trip meets their expectations. We make and manage all the bookings and documents required.
Incoming activities:
  • Tailor-made trips for groups of all sizes and individuals.
    Day trips and stays of 1, 2, 4 and 6 nights.
  • Company activities, business trips, corporate reward trips, conferences, product presentations, etc.
  • Winery visits, tasting courses and events.
  • Combining food and wine to produce a synergy of smells and colours.
  • Visits to museums, monuments, castles, monasteries, the Way of St. James and historic towns.
  • Guided tours of the main tourist towns.
  • Routes through vines and over mountains by foot, on bike, by buggy or on horseback.
  • Adventure sports, water sports, skiing and golf.
  • Beauty treatments and wine therapy.
  • Thermal baths, yoga and pilates.
  • Truffle and wild mushroom picking.
  • Hunting and fishing.
  • Flights in light aircraft and hot air balloons, paintball and quad bikes.
  • All kinds of celebration (weddings, hen and stag parties, etc.) and any event that comes to mind: make your own wine, fireworks, magic, open-air concerts, etc.
  • Hotel bookings and transport reservations.

ALTURA

tipo de documento Tourist Service

...

Pradillo

The Asociación ALTURA (Alternative Rural Tourism and Activities) is an association for the development of rural tourism in La Rioja created in January 1992, which informs and promotes its rural tourism company members, spread out over 11 districts, valleys and mountain ranges in La Rioja.

Pradillo

The Asociación ALTURA (Alternative Rural Tourism and Activities) is an association for the development of rural tourism in La Rioja created in January 1992, which informs and promotes its rural tourism company members, spread out over 11 districts, valleys and mountain ranges in La Rioja.

...

Pradillo

Opening times: Monday to Sunday and bank holidays: 10 a.m. to 2.p.m. Closed on Tuesdays.

Pradillo

Opening times: Monday to Sunday and bank holidays: 10 a.m. to 2.p.m. Closed on Tuesdays.

...

San Asensio

The monastery of La Estrella was built on the foundations of an old shrine built as a result of the appearance of an image of the Virgin Mary on an oak tree. This monastery was originally called Our Lady of Aritzeta (Holm Oak in Basque) and later “Estrella” (the Star) because the oak tree in which the image of the virgin appeared had this symbol engraved on one of its branches.

In 1403 Juan de Guzmán, Bishop of Calahorra y La Calzada, gave custody over the shrine and its lands to the Hieronymite friars of the Morcuera (Miranda de Ebro). Following Martin V's Papal Bull, (1419) it was made a monastery.

The Archdean of the Diocese of Calahorra y La Calzada, Diego Fernández de Entrena in 1423 paid for the reconstruction of the monastery in line with the style of the era. The painter Juan Fernández de Navarrete “El Mudo” from Logroño, started to train in this monastery in which he left works executed by his hand which no longer exist today.

In 1951 the Brothers of the Christian Schools, Hermanos de La Salle, acquired the monastery and rebuilt it on the ruins almost all in the neo-gothic style, under the direction of the architect Pedro Ispizua, perfectly harmonized by the new style of ancient structures.

At the present time, several parts can be visited: the Knights' Gate, which was the main doorway, the Gothic cloister of 1430, the 16th century King's Fountain, the modern sanctuary from the mid 20th century, the pilgrims' hall, and the tomb of the Archdean.

San Asensio

The monastery of La Estrella was built on the foundations of an old shrine built as a result of the appearance of an image of the Virgin Mary on an oak tree. This monastery was originally called Our Lady of Aritzeta (Holm Oak in Basque) and later “Estrella” (the Star) because the oak tree in which the image of the virgin appeared had this symbol engraved on one of its branches.

In 1403 Juan de Guzmán, Bishop of Calahorra y La Calzada, gave custody over the shrine and its lands to the Hieronymite friars of the Morcuera (Miranda de Ebro). Following Martin V's Papal Bull, (1419) it was made a monastery.

The Archdean of the Diocese of Calahorra y La Calzada, Diego Fernández de Entrena in 1423 paid for the reconstruction of the monastery in line with the style of the era. The painter Juan Fernández de Navarrete “El Mudo” from Logroño, started to train in this monastery in which he left works executed by his hand which no longer exist today.

In 1951 the Brothers of the Christian Schools, Hermanos de La Salle, acquired the monastery and rebuilt it on the ruins almost all in the neo-gothic style, under the direction of the architect Pedro Ispizua, perfectly harmonized by the new style of ancient structures.

At the present time, several parts can be visited: the Knights' Gate, which was the main doorway, the Gothic cloister of 1430, the 16th century King's Fountain, the modern sanctuary from the mid 20th century, the pilgrims' hall, and the tomb of the Archdean.

Monasterio de Yuso

tipo de documento Attractions

...

San Millán de la Cogolla

The origin of the construction of this monastery is reflected in a legend which tells how king García of Nájera, ordered the transfer of the remains of San Millán which were then in Suso to the Monastery of Santa María La Real de Nájera. The oxen which were pulling the cart stopped in the valley as if the Saint's remains did not want to abandon it, so the current monastery of Yuso was constructed on the spot. A 10th-11th century Romanesque monastery of which today no trace remains, over which the current monastery of Yuso was constructed between the 16th and 18th centuries by the Benedictine abbots.

The Benedictine monks moved to the monastery in the 10th century. One of the most notable abbots was Domingo, born in the Riojan village of Cañas, better known as Santo Domingo de Silos.

The main door to the monastery was built in 1661 and depicts the relief of San Millán “Moorslayer” since, according to tradition, he fought against Islam together with Santiago (St James) in the battle of Simancas. The vestibule was made later, in 1689, and together these lead into the Kings' Chamber, called thus because of the four large canvases of kings who supported the monastery.

The low cloister was begun in 1549 and although its vaults are gothic in conception, it is Renaissance. Outside it is classicist in style and it houses twenty-four paintings by José Vexes, whose main theme is the life of San Millán, written by San Braulio, Archbishop of Zaragoza.

The vestry is one of the loveliest in Spain, the former chapter house started to be used as such around 1693. The 18th century frescos on the ceiling conserve all the rich original colour in spite of never having been restored. The walnut drawers and chests, over which hang twenty-four oils painted on copper in the Baroque style originating in Flanders, Madrid and Italy.

The monastery church was the first part of the whole to be completed, begun in 1504 and finished thirty-six years later. It is catalogued as being "decadent gothic". The grandiose altarpiece of the main altar has a canvas by Fray Juan Ricci, of the school of El Greco, depicting San Millán on horseback and the battle of Hacinas . The extraordinary wrought ironwork of Sebastián de Medina from 1676 complete the artistic whole of the main chapel.

The lower choirstalls were decorated by a Flemish sculptor around 1640, the retro choir in French Rococo style is decorated with busts depicting the disciples of San Millán, with the plateresque pulpit with reliefs of the writers of the gospels and symbols of the passion. The upper choir, somewhat later than the lower one, is supported on an arch with sixteen medallions, from the first half of the 17th c.

The shelves for the monastery songbooks hold twenty-five volumes copied between 1729 and 1731. The monastery archives and library are of great value to researchers and is considered to be among the best in Spain. Here the cartularies and three hundred original volumes are conserved.

In the exhibition room the replicas of the Romanesque ivories on the caskets are outstanding: reliquaries of San Millán from the 11th c. and of San Felices from the 12th c.

It was built by Benedictine monks, who stayed there until the disendowment and expulsion of the 19th c. Nowadays the Augustine friars are responsible for keeping alive the spirit of the monastery.

San Millán de la Cogolla

The origin of the construction of this monastery is reflected in a legend which tells how king García of Nájera, ordered the transfer of the remains of San Millán which were then in Suso to the Monastery of Santa María La Real de Nájera. The oxen which were pulling the cart stopped in the valley as if the Saint's remains did not want to abandon it, so the current monastery of Yuso was constructed on the spot. A 10th-11th century Romanesque monastery of which today no trace remains, over which the current monastery of Yuso was constructed between the 16th and 18th centuries by the Benedictine abbots.

The Benedictine monks moved to the monastery in the 10th century. One of the most notable abbots was Domingo, born in the Riojan village of Cañas, better known as Santo Domingo de Silos.

The main door to the monastery was built in 1661 and depicts the relief of San Millán “Moorslayer” since, according to tradition, he fought against Islam together with Santiago (St James) in the battle of Simancas. The vestibule was made later, in 1689, and together these lead into the Kings' Chamber, called thus because of the four large canvases of kings who supported the monastery.

The low cloister was begun in 1549 and although its vaults are gothic in conception, it is Renaissance. Outside it is classicist in style and it houses twenty-four paintings by José Vexes, whose main theme is the life of San Millán, written by San Braulio, Archbishop of Zaragoza.

The vestry is one of the loveliest in Spain, the former chapter house started to be used as such around 1693. The 18th century frescos on the ceiling conserve all the rich original colour in spite of never having been restored. The walnut drawers and chests, over which hang twenty-four oils painted on copper in the Baroque style originating in Flanders, Madrid and Italy.

The monastery church was the first part of the whole to be completed, begun in 1504 and finished thirty-six years later. It is catalogued as being "decadent gothic". The grandiose altarpiece of the main altar has a canvas by Fray Juan Ricci, of the school of El Greco, depicting San Millán on horseback and the battle of Hacinas . The extraordinary wrought ironwork of Sebastián de Medina from 1676 complete the artistic whole of the main chapel.

The lower choirstalls were decorated by a Flemish sculptor around 1640, the retro choir in French Rococo style is decorated with busts depicting the disciples of San Millán, with the plateresque pulpit with reliefs of the writers of the gospels and symbols of the passion. The upper choir, somewhat later than the lower one, is supported on an arch with sixteen medallions, from the first half of the 17th c.

The shelves for the monastery songbooks hold twenty-five volumes copied between 1729 and 1731. The monastery archives and library are of great value to researchers and is considered to be among the best in Spain. Here the cartularies and three hundred original volumes are conserved.

In the exhibition room the replicas of the Romanesque ivories on the caskets are outstanding: reliquaries of San Millán from the 11th c. and of San Felices from the 12th c.

It was built by Benedictine monks, who stayed there until the disendowment and expulsion of the 19th c. Nowadays the Augustine friars are responsible for keeping alive the spirit of the monastery.

...

San Millán de la Cogolla

The Tourist Development Association for the Nájera - San Millán Valley manages the Tourist Office and also bookings at the Suso Monastery. The bookings switchboard can be contacted at the same times on the telephone number below: 941 373082
Opening times: From 1 October to Easter. Tuesday to Sunday: 9.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m. and 3.30 p.m. to 6 p.m. From Easter to 30 September. Tuesday to Sunday: 9.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m. and 3.30 p.m. to 6.30 p.m. Closed on Mondays.

San Millán de la Cogolla

The Tourist Development Association for the Nájera - San Millán Valley manages the Tourist Office and also bookings at the Suso Monastery. The bookings switchboard can be contacted at the same times on the telephone number below: 941 373082
Opening times: From 1 October to Easter. Tuesday to Sunday: 9.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m. and 3.30 p.m. to 6 p.m. From Easter to 30 September. Tuesday to Sunday: 9.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m. and 3.30 p.m. to 6.30 p.m. Closed on Mondays.

...

Santo Domingo de la Calzada

Don Pedro Manso de Zúñiga, Bishop of the Diocese of Calahorra y La Calzada was the founder of this Abbey. The Cistercian nuns who live here come from the Monastery of Santa María de los Barrios in Abia de las Torres (Palencia), who moved to Santo Domingo de La Calzada in 1610,date when the building of the new monastery began, until the works were completed in 1621.

The monastery depended on the Abbey of las Huelgas in Burgos until the bull of Pío IX in 1873, when it was transferred to the jurisdiction of the clergy of the Riojan diocese of Calahorra y La Calzada.

The monastery church, a classical work of the architects Matías de Asteazu and Pedro de la Mata, consists of a single nave in the form of a Latin cross, divided into chapels by the flying buttresses in which the altars are mounted.

In the main chapel there is a magnificent example of Riojan Baroque art, an altarpiece dating from the middle of the 18th c., in the central niche is the image of Our Lady of the Annunciation.

The tomb of the founder, Don Pedro Manso de Zúñiga and his two nephews, also bishops, constitute one of the most interesting artistic elements of the church, situated to the right of the main altarpiece showing the richly worked carving of the recumbent statues of the three bishops.

The lower choir situated t the foot of the church served as a cemetery until 1960 and over 200 nuns are buried there. Next to the church is the 17th century cloister which is outstanding for its austerity, in line with Cistercian spirituality.

The monastery has free lodging for pilgrims situated in the old Chaplain's House, an 18th century building restored and refurbished to receive pilgrims.

Since its foundation it has been inhabited by a community of Cistercians.

Santo Domingo de la Calzada

Don Pedro Manso de Zúñiga, Bishop of the Diocese of Calahorra y La Calzada was the founder of this Abbey. The Cistercian nuns who live here come from the Monastery of Santa María de los Barrios in Abia de las Torres (Palencia), who moved to Santo Domingo de La Calzada in 1610,date when the building of the new monastery began, until the works were completed in 1621.

The monastery depended on the Abbey of las Huelgas in Burgos until the bull of Pío IX in 1873, when it was transferred to the jurisdiction of the clergy of the Riojan diocese of Calahorra y La Calzada.

The monastery church, a classical work of the architects Matías de Asteazu and Pedro de la Mata, consists of a single nave in the form of a Latin cross, divided into chapels by the flying buttresses in which the altars are mounted.

In the main chapel there is a magnificent example of Riojan Baroque art, an altarpiece dating from the middle of the 18th c., in the central niche is the image of Our Lady of the Annunciation.

The tomb of the founder, Don Pedro Manso de Zúñiga and his two nephews, also bishops, constitute one of the most interesting artistic elements of the church, situated to the right of the main altarpiece showing the richly worked carving of the recumbent statues of the three bishops.

The lower choir situated t the foot of the church served as a cemetery until 1960 and over 200 nuns are buried there. Next to the church is the 17th century cloister which is outstanding for its austerity, in line with Cistercian spirituality.

The monastery has free lodging for pilgrims situated in the old Chaplain's House, an 18th century building restored and refurbished to receive pilgrims.

Since its foundation it has been inhabited by a community of Cistercians.

...

Santo Domingo de la Calzada

From 1 May to 3 November.
Monday to Sunday: from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.

From 4 November to 30 April:
Tuesday to Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Saturdays from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Mondays: closed.

Santo Domingo de la Calzada

From 1 May to 3 November.
Monday to Sunday: from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.

From 4 November to 30 April:
Tuesday to Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Saturdays from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Mondays: closed.

Rioja in Style

tipo de documento Tourist Service

...

Santo Domingo de la Calzada

A local travel atelier with whom you can design your own private guided tour in La Rioja, Spain. Rioja is a prestigious wine region, home of The Way of Saint James and the birthplace of the Spanish language. We believe each person is unique, with his or her own interests and preferences, which is why all our wine tours are different. Explore our tours for inspiration and tailor them to your heart’s – and tastebuds’ – desire.

We design the Rioja wine tour of your dreams.

Santo Domingo de la Calzada

A local travel atelier with whom you can design your own private guided tour in La Rioja, Spain. Rioja is a prestigious wine region, home of The Way of Saint James and the birthplace of the Spanish language. We believe each person is unique, with his or her own interests and preferences, which is why all our wine tours are different. Explore our tours for inspiration and tailor them to your heart’s – and tastebuds’ – desire.

We design the Rioja wine tour of your dreams.

Madreselva

tipo de documento Tourist Service

...

Torrecilla en Cameros

Guías de Naturaleza Y Educación Ambiental.

MADRESELVA os propone actividades para descubrir y disfrutar los atractivos que nuestra naturaleza y medio rural nos ofrecen.

Paseos guiados, jornadas educativas que por medio de actividades, juegos y explicaciones, nos ayuden a sensibilizarnos, apreciar  y cuidar aquello que nos rodea.

Torrecilla en Cameros

Guías de Naturaleza Y Educación Ambiental.

MADRESELVA os propone actividades para descubrir y disfrutar los atractivos que nuestra naturaleza y medio rural nos ofrecen.

Paseos guiados, jornadas educativas que por medio de actividades, juegos y explicaciones, nos ayuden a sensibilizarnos, apreciar  y cuidar aquello que nos rodea.

filter_list

Filtrar

close

Find

facetas