formularioHidden
formularioRDF
Login

 

Search in La Rioja Turismo close

START TYPING...

No results

Panel Information

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros para mejorar la experiencia de navegación y ofrecer contenidos de interés. Al continuar con la navegación entendemos que se acepta nuestra política de cookies.

See and Do

facetas
filter_listFiltrar

717 results

...

Santo Domingo de la Calzada

Don Pedro Manso de Zúñiga, Bishop of the Diocese of Calahorra y La Calzada was the founder of this Abbey. The Cistercian nuns who live here come from the Monastery of Santa María de los Barrios in Abia de las Torres (Palencia), who moved to Santo Domingo de La Calzada in 1610,date when the building of the new monastery began, until the works were completed in 1621.

The monastery depended on the Abbey of las Huelgas in Burgos until the bull of Pío IX in 1873, when it was transferred to the jurisdiction of the clergy of the Riojan diocese of Calahorra y La Calzada.

The monastery church, a classical work of the architects Matías de Asteazu and Pedro de la Mata, consists of a single nave in the form of a Latin cross, divided into chapels by the flying buttresses in which the altars are mounted.

In the main chapel there is a magnificent example of Riojan Baroque art, an altarpiece dating from the middle of the 18th c., in the central niche is the image of Our Lady of the Annunciation.

The tomb of the founder, Don Pedro Manso de Zúñiga and his two nephews, also bishops, constitute one of the most interesting artistic elements of the church, situated to the right of the main altarpiece showing the richly worked carving of the recumbent statues of the three bishops.

The lower choir situated t the foot of the church served as a cemetery until 1960 and over 200 nuns are buried there. Next to the church is the 17th century cloister which is outstanding for its austerity, in line with Cistercian spirituality.

The monastery has free lodging for pilgrims situated in the old Chaplain's House, an 18th century building restored and refurbished to receive pilgrims.

Since its foundation it has been inhabited by a community of Cistercians.

Santo Domingo de la Calzada

Don Pedro Manso de Zúñiga, Bishop of the Diocese of Calahorra y La Calzada was the founder of this Abbey. The Cistercian nuns who live here come from the Monastery of Santa María de los Barrios in Abia de las Torres (Palencia), who moved to Santo Domingo de La Calzada in 1610,date when the building of the new monastery began, until the works were completed in 1621.

The monastery depended on the Abbey of las Huelgas in Burgos until the bull of Pío IX in 1873, when it was transferred to the jurisdiction of the clergy of the Riojan diocese of Calahorra y La Calzada.

The monastery church, a classical work of the architects Matías de Asteazu and Pedro de la Mata, consists of a single nave in the form of a Latin cross, divided into chapels by the flying buttresses in which the altars are mounted.

In the main chapel there is a magnificent example of Riojan Baroque art, an altarpiece dating from the middle of the 18th c., in the central niche is the image of Our Lady of the Annunciation.

The tomb of the founder, Don Pedro Manso de Zúñiga and his two nephews, also bishops, constitute one of the most interesting artistic elements of the church, situated to the right of the main altarpiece showing the richly worked carving of the recumbent statues of the three bishops.

The lower choir situated t the foot of the church served as a cemetery until 1960 and over 200 nuns are buried there. Next to the church is the 17th century cloister which is outstanding for its austerity, in line with Cistercian spirituality.

The monastery has free lodging for pilgrims situated in the old Chaplain's House, an 18th century building restored and refurbished to receive pilgrims.

Since its foundation it has been inhabited by a community of Cistercians.

...

Santo Domingo de la Calzada

From 1 May to 3 November.
Monday to Sunday: from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.

From 4 November to 30 April:
Tuesday to Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Saturdays from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Mondays: closed.

Santo Domingo de la Calzada

From 1 May to 3 November.
Monday to Sunday: from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.

From 4 November to 30 April:
Tuesday to Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Saturdays from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Mondays: closed.

...

Santo Domingo de la Calzada

More than 18,000 square metres devoted to adventure in the midst of nature.
Ojapark is an adventure park for all audiences. With spacious and modern facilities we offer different adventure activities for the enjoyment of both young and old. We also organise especial private and company events.

Ojapark is also educational, fostering teamwork to overcome difficulties and obstacles. The games played at Ojapark combine skills, dexterity, and balance. There is also a treetop park with bridges, logs and net bridges, a climbing tower and a super zip line.

Ojapark is an adventure park situated in La Rioja Alta, next to the Menesiano School in Santo Domingo de la Calzada, going towards Ezcaray. We have a large picnic area (exclusively for customers) as well as drink and snack vending machines and a picnic booking service.

Accessible to large vehicles, we have a free car park.

Credit cards are accepted.

If you would like further information, just contact us!

Take a look at the activities!

Santo Domingo de la Calzada

More than 18,000 square metres devoted to adventure in the midst of nature.
Ojapark is an adventure park for all audiences. With spacious and modern facilities we offer different adventure activities for the enjoyment of both young and old. We also organise especial private and company events.

Ojapark is also educational, fostering teamwork to overcome difficulties and obstacles. The games played at Ojapark combine skills, dexterity, and balance. There is also a treetop park with bridges, logs and net bridges, a climbing tower and a super zip line.

Ojapark is an adventure park situated in La Rioja Alta, next to the Menesiano School in Santo Domingo de la Calzada, going towards Ezcaray. We have a large picnic area (exclusively for customers) as well as drink and snack vending machines and a picnic booking service.

Accessible to large vehicles, we have a free car park.

Credit cards are accepted.

If you would like further information, just contact us!

Take a look at the activities!