formularioHidden
formularioRDF
Login

 

Search in La Rioja Turismo close

START TYPING...

No results

Panel Information

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros para mejorar la experiencia de navegación y ofrecer contenidos de interés. Al continuar con la navegación entendemos que se acepta nuestra política de cookies.

See and Do

facetas
filter_listFiltrar

4 results

...

San Asensio

Perched on a hill above the River Ebro, polygonal floor plan. Señorío de los Manrique, Duques de Nájera; cause of confrontation with the Velasco family, Condestables de Castilla.
Period: 12th century
Property: Private
Open to the public: Free admission

San Asensio

Perched on a hill above the River Ebro, polygonal floor plan. Señorío de los Manrique, Duques de Nájera; cause of confrontation with the Velasco family, Condestables de Castilla.
Period: 12th century
Property: Private
Open to the public: Free admission

...

San Asensio

The monastery of La Estrella was built on the foundations of an old shrine built as a result of the appearance of an image of the Virgin Mary on an oak tree. This monastery was originally called Our Lady of Aritzeta (Holm Oak in Basque) and later “Estrella” (the Star) because the oak tree in which the image of the virgin appeared had this symbol engraved on one of its branches.

In 1403 Juan de Guzmán, Bishop of Calahorra y La Calzada, gave custody over the shrine and its lands to the Hieronymite friars of the Morcuera (Miranda de Ebro). Following Martin V's Papal Bull, (1419) it was made a monastery.

The Archdean of the Diocese of Calahorra y La Calzada, Diego Fernández de Entrena in 1423 paid for the reconstruction of the monastery in line with the style of the era. The painter Juan Fernández de Navarrete “El Mudo” from Logroño, started to train in this monastery in which he left works executed by his hand which no longer exist today.

In 1951 the Brothers of the Christian Schools, Hermanos de La Salle, acquired the monastery and rebuilt it on the ruins almost all in the neo-gothic style, under the direction of the architect Pedro Ispizua, perfectly harmonized by the new style of ancient structures.

At the present time, several parts can be visited: the Knights' Gate, which was the main doorway, the Gothic cloister of 1430, the 16th century King's Fountain, the modern sanctuary from the mid 20th century, the pilgrims' hall, and the tomb of the Archdean.

San Asensio

The monastery of La Estrella was built on the foundations of an old shrine built as a result of the appearance of an image of the Virgin Mary on an oak tree. This monastery was originally called Our Lady of Aritzeta (Holm Oak in Basque) and later “Estrella” (the Star) because the oak tree in which the image of the virgin appeared had this symbol engraved on one of its branches.

In 1403 Juan de Guzmán, Bishop of Calahorra y La Calzada, gave custody over the shrine and its lands to the Hieronymite friars of the Morcuera (Miranda de Ebro). Following Martin V's Papal Bull, (1419) it was made a monastery.

The Archdean of the Diocese of Calahorra y La Calzada, Diego Fernández de Entrena in 1423 paid for the reconstruction of the monastery in line with the style of the era. The painter Juan Fernández de Navarrete “El Mudo” from Logroño, started to train in this monastery in which he left works executed by his hand which no longer exist today.

In 1951 the Brothers of the Christian Schools, Hermanos de La Salle, acquired the monastery and rebuilt it on the ruins almost all in the neo-gothic style, under the direction of the architect Pedro Ispizua, perfectly harmonized by the new style of ancient structures.

At the present time, several parts can be visited: the Knights' Gate, which was the main doorway, the Gothic cloister of 1430, the 16th century King's Fountain, the modern sanctuary from the mid 20th century, the pilgrims' hall, and the tomb of the Archdean.

filter_list

Filtrar

close

Find

facetas