formularioHidden
formularioRDF
Login

 

Search in La Rioja Turismo close

START TYPING...

No results

Panel Information

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros para mejorar la experiencia de navegación y ofrecer contenidos de interés. Al continuar con la navegación entendemos que se acepta nuestra política de cookies.

See and Do

facetas
filter_listFiltrar

281 results

...

Santo Domingo de la Calzada

Don Pedro Manso de Zúñiga, Bishop of the Diocese of Calahorra y La Calzada was the founder of this Abbey. The Cistercian nuns who live here come from the Monastery of Santa María de los Barrios in Abia de las Torres (Palencia), who moved to Santo Domingo de La Calzada in 1610,date when the building of the new monastery began, until the works were completed in 1621.

The monastery depended on the Abbey of las Huelgas in Burgos until the bull of Pío IX in 1873, when it was transferred to the jurisdiction of the clergy of the Riojan diocese of Calahorra y La Calzada.

The monastery church, a classical work of the architects Matías de Asteazu and Pedro de la Mata, consists of a single nave in the form of a Latin cross, divided into chapels by the flying buttresses in which the altars are mounted.

In the main chapel there is a magnificent example of Riojan Baroque art, an altarpiece dating from the middle of the 18th c., in the central niche is the image of Our Lady of the Annunciation.

The tomb of the founder, Don Pedro Manso de Zúñiga and his two nephews, also bishops, constitute one of the most interesting artistic elements of the church, situated to the right of the main altarpiece showing the richly worked carving of the recumbent statues of the three bishops.

The lower choir situated t the foot of the church served as a cemetery until 1960 and over 200 nuns are buried there. Next to the church is the 17th century cloister which is outstanding for its austerity, in line with Cistercian spirituality.

The monastery has free lodging for pilgrims situated in the old Chaplain's House, an 18th century building restored and refurbished to receive pilgrims.

Since its foundation it has been inhabited by a community of Cistercians.

Santo Domingo de la Calzada

Don Pedro Manso de Zúñiga, Bishop of the Diocese of Calahorra y La Calzada was the founder of this Abbey. The Cistercian nuns who live here come from the Monastery of Santa María de los Barrios in Abia de las Torres (Palencia), who moved to Santo Domingo de La Calzada in 1610,date when the building of the new monastery began, until the works were completed in 1621.

The monastery depended on the Abbey of las Huelgas in Burgos until the bull of Pío IX in 1873, when it was transferred to the jurisdiction of the clergy of the Riojan diocese of Calahorra y La Calzada.

The monastery church, a classical work of the architects Matías de Asteazu and Pedro de la Mata, consists of a single nave in the form of a Latin cross, divided into chapels by the flying buttresses in which the altars are mounted.

In the main chapel there is a magnificent example of Riojan Baroque art, an altarpiece dating from the middle of the 18th c., in the central niche is the image of Our Lady of the Annunciation.

The tomb of the founder, Don Pedro Manso de Zúñiga and his two nephews, also bishops, constitute one of the most interesting artistic elements of the church, situated to the right of the main altarpiece showing the richly worked carving of the recumbent statues of the three bishops.

The lower choir situated t the foot of the church served as a cemetery until 1960 and over 200 nuns are buried there. Next to the church is the 17th century cloister which is outstanding for its austerity, in line with Cistercian spirituality.

The monastery has free lodging for pilgrims situated in the old Chaplain's House, an 18th century building restored and refurbished to receive pilgrims.

Since its foundation it has been inhabited by a community of Cistercians.

...

Santo Domingo de la Calzada

More than 18,000 square metres devoted to adventure in the midst of nature.
Ojapark is an adventure park for all audiences. With spacious and modern facilities we offer different adventure activities for the enjoyment of both young and old. We also organise especial private and company events.

Ojapark is also educational, fostering teamwork to overcome difficulties and obstacles. The games played at Ojapark combine skills, dexterity, and balance. There is also a treetop park with bridges, logs and net bridges, a climbing tower and a super zip line.

Ojapark is an adventure park situated in La Rioja Alta, next to the Menesiano School in Santo Domingo de la Calzada, going towards Ezcaray. We have a large picnic area (exclusively for customers) as well as drink and snack vending machines and a picnic booking service.

Accessible to large vehicles, we have a free car park.

Credit cards are accepted.

If you would like further information, just contact us!

Take a look at the activities!

Santo Domingo de la Calzada

More than 18,000 square metres devoted to adventure in the midst of nature.
Ojapark is an adventure park for all audiences. With spacious and modern facilities we offer different adventure activities for the enjoyment of both young and old. We also organise especial private and company events.

Ojapark is also educational, fostering teamwork to overcome difficulties and obstacles. The games played at Ojapark combine skills, dexterity, and balance. There is also a treetop park with bridges, logs and net bridges, a climbing tower and a super zip line.

Ojapark is an adventure park situated in La Rioja Alta, next to the Menesiano School in Santo Domingo de la Calzada, going towards Ezcaray. We have a large picnic area (exclusively for customers) as well as drink and snack vending machines and a picnic booking service.

Accessible to large vehicles, we have a free car park.

Credit cards are accepted.

If you would like further information, just contact us!

Take a look at the activities!

...

Santo Domingo de la Calzada

Riojanatura zoo and environmental education centre, was created as a place of protection, education, and sustainable development from environmental tourismin a natural enclave of high ecological value/>
The site of the centre, at the entrance to  la Sierra de la Demanda, makes it possible to carry out many activities related to the environment of the region, and for this to be a dynamic space to learn in a pleasant way the basic knowledge required for a visit to a fragile environment.

An ideal parkland to visit La Rioja with children, a pleasant walk, which, together with the explanations given by the instructor, will discover the characteristics of the different species, how they live, their curiosities and the difficulties they face in their natural environment. All accompanied by the spectacular scenery of the Oja Valley.

How to get here:
Road direction Ezcaray  (LR 111), when leaving the last building of Sto. Domingo, take the first road on the left and follow the signs.

Santo Domingo de la Calzada

Riojanatura zoo and environmental education centre, was created as a place of protection, education, and sustainable development from environmental tourismin a natural enclave of high ecological value/>
The site of the centre, at the entrance to  la Sierra de la Demanda, makes it possible to carry out many activities related to the environment of the region, and for this to be a dynamic space to learn in a pleasant way the basic knowledge required for a visit to a fragile environment.

An ideal parkland to visit La Rioja with children, a pleasant walk, which, together with the explanations given by the instructor, will discover the characteristics of the different species, how they live, their curiosities and the difficulties they face in their natural environment. All accompanied by the spectacular scenery of the Oja Valley.

How to get here:
Road direction Ezcaray  (LR 111), when leaving the last building of Sto. Domingo, take the first road on the left and follow the signs.

...

Sojuela

In the middle of a pine forest on the summit of Moncalvillo lies an ice treasure. We are talking about an Ecomuseum in the mountainswhere five snow wells were built at the end of the 16th century to supply ice to the city of Logroño. A history of snow and ice that you can discover at the new Centro de Interpretación de la Casa de la Nieve de Moncalvillo, Visitors' Centre at the Sojuela Town Hall.

To see these snow wells, you have to follow a signposted footpath, for more than 2 hours, until you reach the altitude of 1,400 metres. For those just wanting to take a stroll through a landscape of forests and traditions around Sojuela, there are other easier trails.

A history of ice that runs through the villages of the Sierra de Moncalvillo and Las Peñas from Iregua, to Nalda, where there is a monumental well dug out of the rock, 2 km from the town, of which you can find more information through the Asociación PANAL that has an information, documentation and research Centre. Information on heritage at La Casita (941 446 093/ 650 572 127)

Activities:
Hiking and ice experiments. Guided tours for groups and schools

Content:
Information (panel and leaflets):
Casa de la Nieve de Moncalvillo hiking trails:

– Sendero de las Neveras
– Sendero de Molinero
– Sendero de los Arrieros
- Sendero De la Hermedaña

Library and documentation:
- Literature on snow wells, traditional dry stone architecture, traditional uses of ice.

– Documents from Archivo Municipal de Logroño with the building agreement from the Casa de Nieve in Moncalvillo, on 27 de January 1597 and others on the supply of ice in the city

Exhibition:
Information and interpretation panels on glacial landscape and the chronology of the cold, Mesta and transhumance landscapes, and Sierra de Moncalvillo landscapes.

Classroom workshop

Experiments with ice, such as ice cream making

Screening of audiovisual.

Sojuela

In the middle of a pine forest on the summit of Moncalvillo lies an ice treasure. We are talking about an Ecomuseum in the mountainswhere five snow wells were built at the end of the 16th century to supply ice to the city of Logroño. A history of snow and ice that you can discover at the new Centro de Interpretación de la Casa de la Nieve de Moncalvillo, Visitors' Centre at the Sojuela Town Hall.

To see these snow wells, you have to follow a signposted footpath, for more than 2 hours, until you reach the altitude of 1,400 metres. For those just wanting to take a stroll through a landscape of forests and traditions around Sojuela, there are other easier trails.

A history of ice that runs through the villages of the Sierra de Moncalvillo and Las Peñas from Iregua, to Nalda, where there is a monumental well dug out of the rock, 2 km from the town, of which you can find more information through the Asociación PANAL that has an information, documentation and research Centre. Information on heritage at La Casita (941 446 093/ 650 572 127)

Activities:
Hiking and ice experiments. Guided tours for groups and schools

Content:
Information (panel and leaflets):
Casa de la Nieve de Moncalvillo hiking trails:

– Sendero de las Neveras
– Sendero de Molinero
– Sendero de los Arrieros
- Sendero De la Hermedaña

Library and documentation:
- Literature on snow wells, traditional dry stone architecture, traditional uses of ice.

– Documents from Archivo Municipal de Logroño with the building agreement from the Casa de Nieve in Moncalvillo, on 27 de January 1597 and others on the supply of ice in the city

Exhibition:
Information and interpretation panels on glacial landscape and the chronology of the cold, Mesta and transhumance landscapes, and Sierra de Moncalvillo landscapes.

Classroom workshop

Experiments with ice, such as ice cream making

Screening of audiovisual.