Take your wine experience to new heights with a hot air balloon ride over La Rioja's vines. Globos Arcoiris will fly you over Haro, La Rioja's wine capital, and the surrounding Ebro Valley area, which is an exceptional location for a hot air balloon flight.
Enjoy the peace and quiet of the sky, admiring the wonderful Riojan scenery from the basket. We fly over vines, wheat fields, trees, the River Ebro, the Cantabrian Mountains....experience the delights of this Upper Rioja region. We guarantee you an unforgettable experience that will be remembered for years to come.
You will fly with the best. Our professional pilots are authorised by aeronautical bodies to fly hot air balloons carrying passengers. Iván, one of our pilots, is the European aerostat silver medallist and number 1 in the Spanish rankings. Óscar holds the Spanish record for the longest balloon flight without stops, having travelled 476 km from Haro (La Rioja) to Don Benito (Badajoz).
One or two days before the flight, and once the Globos Arcoiris team has checked the weather conditions, we will choose a meeting point with our customers for the start of our adventure. The usual time is 45 minutes after sunrise
· The flight area is full of possibilities and we always choose the best take-off spot for our passengers (picking a leaf off a tree in full flight, flying just centimetres above the River Ebro, watching the amazing effect of the balloon reflected in the water flying through clouds searching for the sun on a cloudy day...)
· We will also honour local tradition and raise a toast during the flight with a glass of exquisite Rioja cava
· The flight lasts 75 minutes and on landing, our ground team will take us for a typical Riojan snack (two eggs with chorizo and ham....or whatever you like). During this snack, we'll share our flight experiences and check out the photos we've taken
· We'll give you a personal «maiden flight» certificate and we'll send you the flight photos taken by our pilots so that you'll remember the flight for years to come
· We'll return to the meeting point and say goodbye. The entire trip lasts around 4 hours
It's a good idea to wear comfortable clothes suited to the season. The temperature in the balloon is similar to the temperature on the ground, so you don't need to wear extra clothing due to the height. Because it's an outdoor activity, it's not a good idea to wear high-heels or tight skirts, etc.
For more information, visit our website: www.globosarcoiris.com
We hope you like what you see. Come and fly with Globos Arcoiris for a unique experience that will stay with you forever.