Lagunilla del Río Jubera
tipo de documento semantico destination
It acted as a defensive stronghold or city walls (11th century). In the 11th century, Lady Estefanía gave the town to her son, Prince Fernando. It is mentioned in Nájera's charter and belonged to the San Prudencio Monastery and the marquis of Revilla.
-Surrounding area: There are a number of chapels, including Santa Bárbara, Villavieja (17th century), San Cristóbal and Santa María (in ruins) and San Gregorio Ostiense, where there is a particularly interesting Romanesque image of the saint. The village of Ventas Blancas, which is 3 km from Lagunilla. The parish church and the ruined, Visigothic Santa María de Rute Chapel (1162) are of particular interest. The village of Zenzano, which is currently abandoned.
-Location: It is part of the district of Logroño. The municipality lies between the Rivers Leza
and Jubera, between the Cameros region and the depression formed by the River Ebro.
-Area: 34.3 km2.
-Height: 646 metres.
-Populated areas, neighbourhoods or villages: Ventas Blancas and Zenzano (uninhabited).
The Parish Church of San Andrés, from the 16th century, has been declared National Historical Monument. It was built in ashlar and masonry, and has a single nave, transept and octagonal chancel. The highlights are the fantastic choir with its stalls and magnificent organ, as well as the great reredos which is a real artistic piece of art. In the Casa de los Frailes, the highlight is the 1779 sundial. Emblazoned noblemen mansions from the 17th century.
About this resource...
Loading form, a moment please