El Villar de Arnedo
tipo de documento semantico destination
Founded by the people of Arnedo in the early Middle Ages, it's name means «small city of Arnedo». It belonged to the Counts of Nieva and the Dukes of Frías. In 1862, Carlos II granted it the title of town and also its independence from Arnedo. It belonged alternately to Burgos and Soria until the province of Logroño was created.
-Surrounding area: Arnedo, which is a shoe manufacturing centre.
-Location: It is part of the district of Arnedo. It is on the northeastern border of Tudelilla.
-Area: 18.22 km2.
-Height: 429 metres.
-Economy: Rain-fed crops are most common, particularly grain, grapes, olives and almonds. There are also many industrial crops, such as sugar beet and fruit and vegetables.
Church of La Asunción. The Chapel of Cristo de los Buenos Temporales was built in stone and brick. Chancel dated 11th century and the rest, 18th. The highlight is the Baroque Christ, sculpted by José de Iriarte. Parish of La Asunción. Emblazoned mansions. Market on Wednesdays.
About this resource...
Loading form, a moment please