formularioHidden
formularioRDF
Login

 

Buscar en La Rioja Turismo close

EMPIEZA A TECLEAR...

TU BÚSQUEDA NO HA OBTENIDO NINGÚN RESULTADO.

Panel Information

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros para mejorar la experiencia de navegación y ofrecer contenidos de interés. Al continuar con la navegación entendemos que se acepta nuestra política de cookies.

Destiny

Cañas

tipo de documento semantico destination

Long Description:

Cañas is a municipality in the autonomous region of La Rioja. The municipality's fortune has long been linked to the Cistercian nuns. Both Cañas and Canillas were given to the nuns in 1170. The monastery, which is one of the region's most refined Gothic buildings visited by many people every day, and the image of Santo Domingo de Silos, the town's son, are the town's main attractions.
-Location: It is part of the district of Nájera. It is in the Tuerto Valley.
-Area: 9.8 km2.
-Height: 657 metres.
-Economy: This is a mainly farming town and the main crops are grain, grapes and potatoes.

Tourism resources:

13th century Cistercian Abbey. This is the second monastery of Cistercian nuns that was introduced in Castilla. The abbey was established in 1170 when the count López Díaz de Haro and his wife, doña Aldonza Ruiz de Castro, donated the properties of Cañas and Canillas, as well as other assets, to the Cistercian nuns of the Monastery of La Hayuela. The following year, the widowed countess joined the monastery with her daughter doña Urraca, who became queen of León. The monastery, whose construction finished in 1236, is situated outside the village. The Gothic church has a single nave with three sections, transept and three apses covered by ribbed vaults in which there are large windows, closed by translucent alabaster. In the chapter house, the entrance stands out with a triple archivolt portal on columns flanked by two ornate windows. The choir has simple Neoclassic stalls. The reredos of relics with a 17th century bronze cross is set up in this place. In the interior, the main highlight is the recently restored reredos. The Classicist cloister has two sets of openings with semicircular arches between the pilasters. The treasure of the monastery is the tomb of Doña Urraca, who died in 1262 and was the fourth abbess of the monastery. Parish Church of La Asunción. Ashlar temple with a single nave, rectangular chancel with chapels, a 16th century tower and 12th century Romanesque walls. In the inside, the main highlights are the reredos, dated from the 16th and 17th centuries, and the set of paintings that decorate the church.

Map:

Number of inhabitants: 121
Local festivals: Santo Domingo de Silos, on 20 December. The "Stick Dance" is to be noted. Pilgrimage to Valvanera Monastery on 14 May. Pilgrimage to the Silos Monastery on 10 September. People come from Silos to Cañas on the third Sunday in September for the Thanksgiving Festival.
District: La Rioja Alta
Distance to the capital (Km): 40
Distances to other places (Km): Logroño: 39.2, Pamplona: 73.2, Soria: 82, Vitoria: 124, Burgos: 130
AEMET identifier: 26040

About this resource...