Cuzcurrita del Río Tirón
tipo de documento semantico destination
It was an important, walled town during the Middle Ages. It is mentioned in 1062 in a royal document belonging to Sancho de Navarra. It was a feudal estate in 1367 under Enrique II of Castilla.
-Surrounding area: The Sorejana Chapel has a Romanesque apse and the Tironcillo Chapel is 4km away.
-Location:It is part of the district of Haro. It stands at the foot of the Bolo Mountain.
-Area: 19.2 km2.
-Height: 519 metres.
-Economy: The municipality's main activity is farming, particularly grapes, wheat, potatoes and beet.
14th century castle and San Miguel Church from the 18th century, national monument since 1978. It is a Baroque construction with three naves with chapels between buttresses, transept and octagonal chancel. The reredos dates from the 18th century. The city centre, which has a simple beauty, is full of mansions. Picnic area at the sides of Tirón River, that crosses the village.
About this resource...
Loading form, a moment please