formularioHidden
formularioRDF
Login

 

Search in La Rioja Turismo close

START TYPING...

No results

Panel Information

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros para mejorar la experiencia de navegación y ofrecer contenidos de interés. Al continuar con la navegación entendemos que se acepta nuestra política de cookies.

All > xi

facetas
filter_listFiltrar

8 results

Aldeanueva de Ebro

tipo de documento Towns

...

Aldeanueva de Ebro is a municipality in La Rioja that is part of the Alfaro district. It is 10 kilometres from Calahorra and 65 kilometres from Logroño. The municipality dates back to the 11th century, when it was settled by shepherds from the Cameros region and from Calahorra following Calahorra's recapture by King García Sánchez III of Nájera in 1045. It was a village belonging to Calahorra until 1664, during the reign of Felipe IV, when the friars at the Fitero Monastery, which was linked to the village, lent the villagers a significant amount of money and it became an independent town. Following many claims, the village then called Arnedo de Ebro was handed to Manuel Íñiguez of Arnedo.
-Location: It is part of the district of Alfaro.
-Area:29 Km2.
-Height: 343 metres.
-Economy: The main activity is grain and grape growing, although other fruits and vegetables are also farmed and these products have resulted in a large canning industry.
Aldeanueva de Ebro is a municipality in La Rioja that is part of the Alfaro district. It is 10 kilometres from Calahorra and 65 kilometres from Logroño. The municipality dates back to the 11th century, when it was settled by shepherds from the Cameros region and from Calahorra following Calahorra's recapture by King García Sánchez III of Nájera in 1045. It was a village belonging to Calahorra until 1664, during the reign of Felipe IV, when the friars at the Fitero Monastery, which was linked to the village, lent the villagers a significant amount of money and it became an independent town. Following many claims, the village then called Arnedo de Ebro was handed to Manuel Íñiguez of Arnedo.
-Location: It is part of the district of Alfaro.
-Area:29 Km2.
-Height: 343 metres.
-Economy: The main activity is grain and grape growing, although other fruits and vegetables are also farmed and these products have resulted in a large canning industry.

Castillo de Arnedo

tipo de documento Attractions

...

Arnedo

Remains of a powerful red sandstone fortress.
Period: 9th and 10th centuries
Property: Municipal
Open to the public: Free admission

Arnedo

Remains of a powerful red sandstone fortress.
Period: 9th and 10th centuries
Property: Municipal
Open to the public: Free admission

...

Autol

Standing on an inaccessible crag S-W of the town, next to the parish church of San Adrián. It consists of a rectangular enclosure with the Keep on the N-W end and another outer wall that runs parallel to the enclosure, on the N. side, which would protect the entrance.
Period: 11th century
Property: Municipal
Open to the public: Free admission

Autol

Standing on an inaccessible crag S-W of the town, next to the parish church of San Adrián. It consists of a rectangular enclosure with the Keep on the N-W end and another outer wall that runs parallel to the enclosure, on the N. side, which would protect the entrance.
Period: 11th century
Property: Municipal
Open to the public: Free admission

...

Cervera del Río Alhama

Ruins of a large defensive fortress on the Peña de San Antonio.
Period: 11th and 12th centuries
Property: Municipal
Open to the public: Free admission

Cervera del Río Alhama

Ruins of a large defensive fortress on the Peña de San Antonio.
Period: 11th and 12th centuries
Property: Municipal
Open to the public: Free admission

...

Jubera

On the top of a limestone hill overlooking the village of Jubera. Remains of walls and round towers.
Period: 10th and 11th centuries
Property: Private
Open to the public: Free admission

Jubera

On the top of a limestone hill overlooking the village of Jubera. Remains of walls and round towers.
Period: 10th and 11th centuries
Property: Private
Open to the public: Free admission

...

Préjano

Pentagonal tower strengthened by stepped walls.
Period: 15th century
Property: Municipal
Open to the public: Information, 941 39 90 05

Préjano

Pentagonal tower strengthened by stepped walls.
Period: 15th century
Property: Municipal
Open to the public: Information, 941 39 90 05

Monasterio de Yuso

tipo de documento Attractions

...

San Millán de la Cogolla

The origin of the construction of this monastery is reflected in a legend which tells how king García of Nájera, ordered the transfer of the remains of San Millán which were then in Suso to the Monastery of Santa María La Real de Nájera. The oxen which were pulling the cart stopped in the valley as if the Saint's remains did not want to abandon it, so the current monastery of Yuso was constructed on the spot. A 10th-11th century Romanesque monastery of which today no trace remains, over which the current monastery of Yuso was constructed between the 16th and 18th centuries by the Benedictine abbots.

The Benedictine monks moved to the monastery in the 10th century. One of the most notable abbots was Domingo, born in the Riojan village of Cañas, better known as Santo Domingo de Silos.

The main door to the monastery was built in 1661 and depicts the relief of San Millán “Moorslayer” since, according to tradition, he fought against Islam together with Santiago (St James) in the battle of Simancas. The vestibule was made later, in 1689, and together these lead into the Kings' Chamber, called thus because of the four large canvases of kings who supported the monastery.

The low cloister was begun in 1549 and although its vaults are gothic in conception, it is Renaissance. Outside it is classicist in style and it houses twenty-four paintings by José Vexes, whose main theme is the life of San Millán, written by San Braulio, Archbishop of Zaragoza.

The vestry is one of the loveliest in Spain, the former chapter house started to be used as such around 1693. The 18th century frescos on the ceiling conserve all the rich original colour in spite of never having been restored. The walnut drawers and chests, over which hang twenty-four oils painted on copper in the Baroque style originating in Flanders, Madrid and Italy.

The monastery church was the first part of the whole to be completed, begun in 1504 and finished thirty-six years later. It is catalogued as being "decadent gothic". The grandiose altarpiece of the main altar has a canvas by Fray Juan Ricci, of the school of El Greco, depicting San Millán on horseback and the battle of Hacinas . The extraordinary wrought ironwork of Sebastián de Medina from 1676 complete the artistic whole of the main chapel.

The lower choirstalls were decorated by a Flemish sculptor around 1640, the retro choir in French Rococo style is decorated with busts depicting the disciples of San Millán, with the plateresque pulpit with reliefs of the writers of the gospels and symbols of the passion. The upper choir, somewhat later than the lower one, is supported on an arch with sixteen medallions, from the first half of the 17th c.

The shelves for the monastery songbooks hold twenty-five volumes copied between 1729 and 1731. The monastery archives and library are of great value to researchers and is considered to be among the best in Spain. Here the cartularies and three hundred original volumes are conserved.

In the exhibition room the replicas of the Romanesque ivories on the caskets are outstanding: reliquaries of San Millán from the 11th c. and of San Felices from the 12th c.

It was built by Benedictine monks, who stayed there until the disendowment and expulsion of the 19th c. Nowadays the Augustine friars are responsible for keeping alive the spirit of the monastery.

San Millán de la Cogolla

The origin of the construction of this monastery is reflected in a legend which tells how king García of Nájera, ordered the transfer of the remains of San Millán which were then in Suso to the Monastery of Santa María La Real de Nájera. The oxen which were pulling the cart stopped in the valley as if the Saint's remains did not want to abandon it, so the current monastery of Yuso was constructed on the spot. A 10th-11th century Romanesque monastery of which today no trace remains, over which the current monastery of Yuso was constructed between the 16th and 18th centuries by the Benedictine abbots.

The Benedictine monks moved to the monastery in the 10th century. One of the most notable abbots was Domingo, born in the Riojan village of Cañas, better known as Santo Domingo de Silos.

The main door to the monastery was built in 1661 and depicts the relief of San Millán “Moorslayer” since, according to tradition, he fought against Islam together with Santiago (St James) in the battle of Simancas. The vestibule was made later, in 1689, and together these lead into the Kings' Chamber, called thus because of the four large canvases of kings who supported the monastery.

The low cloister was begun in 1549 and although its vaults are gothic in conception, it is Renaissance. Outside it is classicist in style and it houses twenty-four paintings by José Vexes, whose main theme is the life of San Millán, written by San Braulio, Archbishop of Zaragoza.

The vestry is one of the loveliest in Spain, the former chapter house started to be used as such around 1693. The 18th century frescos on the ceiling conserve all the rich original colour in spite of never having been restored. The walnut drawers and chests, over which hang twenty-four oils painted on copper in the Baroque style originating in Flanders, Madrid and Italy.

The monastery church was the first part of the whole to be completed, begun in 1504 and finished thirty-six years later. It is catalogued as being "decadent gothic". The grandiose altarpiece of the main altar has a canvas by Fray Juan Ricci, of the school of El Greco, depicting San Millán on horseback and the battle of Hacinas . The extraordinary wrought ironwork of Sebastián de Medina from 1676 complete the artistic whole of the main chapel.

The lower choirstalls were decorated by a Flemish sculptor around 1640, the retro choir in French Rococo style is decorated with busts depicting the disciples of San Millán, with the plateresque pulpit with reliefs of the writers of the gospels and symbols of the passion. The upper choir, somewhat later than the lower one, is supported on an arch with sixteen medallions, from the first half of the 17th c.

The shelves for the monastery songbooks hold twenty-five volumes copied between 1729 and 1731. The monastery archives and library are of great value to researchers and is considered to be among the best in Spain. Here the cartularies and three hundred original volumes are conserved.

In the exhibition room the replicas of the Romanesque ivories on the caskets are outstanding: reliquaries of San Millán from the 11th c. and of San Felices from the 12th c.

It was built by Benedictine monks, who stayed there until the disendowment and expulsion of the 19th c. Nowadays the Augustine friars are responsible for keeping alive the spirit of the monastery.

...

Santo Domingo de la Calzada

&Quot;Parador Bernardo de Fresneda" is located in the Convent of San Francisco, 800 metres from the historic town centre of Santo Domingo de la Calzada. Following its renovation, it occupies the site of the old Hospedería (Hospice), and its location, with undeniable cultural values, is an ideal starting point for walks in nature.

Beneath the modern dome covering the Patio de Novicios, today we have the restaurant "Recreo", its name referring to the breaks taken there by the friars. The gastronomic offer of the Parador is based on magnificent La Rioja products.
CLOSED UNTIL 30 APRIL 2013

Santo Domingo de la Calzada

&Quot;Parador Bernardo de Fresneda" is located in the Convent of San Francisco, 800 metres from the historic town centre of Santo Domingo de la Calzada. Following its renovation, it occupies the site of the old Hospedería (Hospice), and its location, with undeniable cultural values, is an ideal starting point for walks in nature.

Beneath the modern dome covering the Patio de Novicios, today we have the restaurant "Recreo", its name referring to the breaks taken there by the friars. The gastronomic offer of the Parador is based on magnificent La Rioja products.
CLOSED UNTIL 30 APRIL 2013

filter_list

Filtrar

close

Find

facetas