formularioHidden
formularioRDF
Login

 

Search in La Rioja Turismo close

START TYPING...

No results

Panel Information

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros para mejorar la experiencia de navegación y ofrecer contenidos de interés. Al continuar con la navegación entendemos que se acepta nuestra política de cookies.

All > virgen

facetas
filter_listFiltrar

6 results

...

Enciso

One of the oldest castles in La Rioja, of oval floor plan adapted to the hill above the village.
Period:10th century
Property: Municipal
Open to the public: Free admission

Enciso

One of the oldest castles in La Rioja, of oval floor plan adapted to the hill above the village.
Period:10th century
Property: Municipal
Open to the public: Free admission

...

Nájera

The monastery was founded by king García Sánchez III “the one from Nájera” and his wife Doña Estafanía de Foix who commissioned its construction in 1052. The origin of its foundation are misted in the legend which tells how the king was out hunting and chased his prey into a cave where he found a mysterious image of the Virgin and a jar of lilies, a bell and a lantern. Some time later the king reconquered the Lower Rioja city of Calahorra from the Moors and built the monastery of Santa María La Real as an offering to the Virgin for her help. At the same time he set up a Military Order of the Knights of the Terrace or of the Jug, one of the most ancient orders in Spain.

In 1079 Alfonso VI of Castile incorporated the monastery into the Benedictine order of Cluny together with the group of clergy who lived in it from its creation and who remained until the disendowment of Mendizábal in 1835. Since 1895 a community of Franciscan friars have run the monastery.

The altarpiece of the main chapel dates from the late 17th c. and is Baroque in style.In the centre the Romanesque carving of Santa María La Real holding the infant Christ on her left knee is of outstanding interest.

The early 16th c. choir is in "Catholic Monarch" style and here you can see the influence of the late Gothic and early Renaissance era. The carved choirstalls in walnut are a masterpiece of florid Gothic. In the abbot's throne we can admire the polychrome figure of King Don García.

The cloister was begun in the early 16th c., known as the Cloister of the Knights, was for centuries the burial place of many nobles. Among them we should mention Diego López de Haro with a recumbent sculpture from the 13th c. and at his feet, the Gothic tomb of his wife, Doña Toda Pérez de Azagra. The harmonious mixture of styles such as the florid Gothic of the vaulting and the Plateresque of the tracery arches have created a surprising work of architecture well worth a visit.

Nájera

The monastery was founded by king García Sánchez III “the one from Nájera” and his wife Doña Estafanía de Foix who commissioned its construction in 1052. The origin of its foundation are misted in the legend which tells how the king was out hunting and chased his prey into a cave where he found a mysterious image of the Virgin and a jar of lilies, a bell and a lantern. Some time later the king reconquered the Lower Rioja city of Calahorra from the Moors and built the monastery of Santa María La Real as an offering to the Virgin for her help. At the same time he set up a Military Order of the Knights of the Terrace or of the Jug, one of the most ancient orders in Spain.

In 1079 Alfonso VI of Castile incorporated the monastery into the Benedictine order of Cluny together with the group of clergy who lived in it from its creation and who remained until the disendowment of Mendizábal in 1835. Since 1895 a community of Franciscan friars have run the monastery.

The altarpiece of the main chapel dates from the late 17th c. and is Baroque in style.In the centre the Romanesque carving of Santa María La Real holding the infant Christ on her left knee is of outstanding interest.

The early 16th c. choir is in "Catholic Monarch" style and here you can see the influence of the late Gothic and early Renaissance era. The carved choirstalls in walnut are a masterpiece of florid Gothic. In the abbot's throne we can admire the polychrome figure of King Don García.

The cloister was begun in the early 16th c., known as the Cloister of the Knights, was for centuries the burial place of many nobles. Among them we should mention Diego López de Haro with a recumbent sculpture from the 13th c. and at his feet, the Gothic tomb of his wife, Doña Toda Pérez de Azagra. The harmonious mixture of styles such as the florid Gothic of the vaulting and the Plateresque of the tracery arches have created a surprising work of architecture well worth a visit.

...

Villoslada de Cameros

The Sculpture Park is a museum in the mountains, inside the Sierra Cebollera Nature Park, made up of a series of eight sculptures in natural materials produced by eight national and international artists, scattered without any signposting along paths 2 and 3, those of the Virgin and the Achichuelo.
The map for searching out the sculptures can be obtained in the Visitors' Centre of the Park, in Villoslada, and in the Tourist Information Office of the Cameros, in the Hórreo de Pradillo.

Villoslada de Cameros

The Sculpture Park is a museum in the mountains, inside the Sierra Cebollera Nature Park, made up of a series of eight sculptures in natural materials produced by eight national and international artists, scattered without any signposting along paths 2 and 3, those of the Virgin and the Achichuelo.
The map for searching out the sculptures can be obtained in the Visitors' Centre of the Park, in Villoslada, and in the Tourist Information Office of the Cameros, in the Hórreo de Pradillo.
filter_list

Filtrar

close

Find

facetas