formularioHidden
formularioRDF
Login

 

Search in La Rioja Turismo close

START TYPING...

No results

Panel Information

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros para mejorar la experiencia de navegación y ofrecer contenidos de interés. Al continuar con la navegación entendemos que se acepta nuestra política de cookies.

All > peregrinos

facetas
filter_listFiltrar

8 results

Cerro de Mirabel

tipo de documento Accommodations

...

Grañón

Welcome to Grañón castle, (now imaginary), built by Alfonso III in the 9th century, on the top of a hill known as MIRABEL. Located Northwest of the village dominating it completely.

In the centre of the village and on St James' Way, we want to welcome you to our house, as place of rest and tranquility. House first used by a large family, then a barn and later closed by its owners.

Demolished in 2007 due to its bad state of conservation, and rebuilt as a holiday home in 2008CERRO DE MIRABEL, wishing to pay tribute to a legendary and beloved place for the locals, and at the same time, pilgrims, travellers or whoever wishes to rest and enjoy our village. On the occasion of the Holy Compostelan Year Jacobeo this house offers adiscount of 5% forpilgrims presenting credentials.

Grañón

Welcome to Grañón castle, (now imaginary), built by Alfonso III in the 9th century, on the top of a hill known as MIRABEL. Located Northwest of the village dominating it completely.

In the centre of the village and on St James' Way, we want to welcome you to our house, as place of rest and tranquility. House first used by a large family, then a barn and later closed by its owners.

Demolished in 2007 due to its bad state of conservation, and rebuilt as a holiday home in 2008CERRO DE MIRABEL, wishing to pay tribute to a legendary and beloved place for the locals, and at the same time, pilgrims, travellers or whoever wishes to rest and enjoy our village. On the occasion of the Holy Compostelan Year Jacobeo this house offers adiscount of 5% forpilgrims presenting credentials.

...

Logroño

Open 11.00 to 22.30 h. Possibility of shower only for 3 euros. Canteen with microwave.

Logroño

Open 11.00 to 22.30 h. Possibility of shower only for 3 euros. Canteen with microwave.

...

Logroño

The Church of Santiago el Real is one of the pilgrims' stops. Dated in the 16th century, it is the church most related to the city, where the City Council would meet and the archives were kept. The façade, designed as a triumphal arch (17th century), is decorated with two statues of Saint James (Santiago), one wearing the pilgrim's habit and another Santiago "Matamoros" (St James the Moor-slayer).

Next to the Church is the Fuente de Santiago, also known as the "pilgrims' fountain" since here they would stop to rest and cool down.

Logroño

The Church of Santiago el Real is one of the pilgrims' stops. Dated in the 16th century, it is the church most related to the city, where the City Council would meet and the archives were kept. The façade, designed as a triumphal arch (17th century), is decorated with two statues of Saint James (Santiago), one wearing the pilgrim's habit and another Santiago "Matamoros" (St James the Moor-slayer).

Next to the Church is the Fuente de Santiago, also known as the "pilgrims' fountain" since here they would stop to rest and cool down.

...

Nájera

The monastery was founded by king García Sánchez III “the one from Nájera” and his wife Doña Estafanía de Foix who commissioned its construction in 1052. The origin of its foundation are misted in the legend which tells how the king was out hunting and chased his prey into a cave where he found a mysterious image of the Virgin and a jar of lilies, a bell and a lantern. Some time later the king reconquered the Lower Rioja city of Calahorra from the Moors and built the monastery of Santa María La Real as an offering to the Virgin for her help. At the same time he set up a Military Order of the Knights of the Terrace or of the Jug, one of the most ancient orders in Spain.

In 1079 Alfonso VI of Castile incorporated the monastery into the Benedictine order of Cluny together with the group of clergy who lived in it from its creation and who remained until the disendowment of Mendizábal in 1835. Since 1895 a community of Franciscan friars have run the monastery.

The altarpiece of the main chapel dates from the late 17th c. and is Baroque in style.In the centre the Romanesque carving of Santa María La Real holding the infant Christ on her left knee is of outstanding interest.

The early 16th c. choir is in "Catholic Monarch" style and here you can see the influence of the late Gothic and early Renaissance era. The carved choirstalls in walnut are a masterpiece of florid Gothic. In the abbot's throne we can admire the polychrome figure of King Don García.

The cloister was begun in the early 16th c., known as the Cloister of the Knights, was for centuries the burial place of many nobles. Among them we should mention Diego López de Haro with a recumbent sculpture from the 13th c. and at his feet, the Gothic tomb of his wife, Doña Toda Pérez de Azagra. The harmonious mixture of styles such as the florid Gothic of the vaulting and the Plateresque of the tracery arches have created a surprising work of architecture well worth a visit.

Nájera

The monastery was founded by king García Sánchez III “the one from Nájera” and his wife Doña Estafanía de Foix who commissioned its construction in 1052. The origin of its foundation are misted in the legend which tells how the king was out hunting and chased his prey into a cave where he found a mysterious image of the Virgin and a jar of lilies, a bell and a lantern. Some time later the king reconquered the Lower Rioja city of Calahorra from the Moors and built the monastery of Santa María La Real as an offering to the Virgin for her help. At the same time he set up a Military Order of the Knights of the Terrace or of the Jug, one of the most ancient orders in Spain.

In 1079 Alfonso VI of Castile incorporated the monastery into the Benedictine order of Cluny together with the group of clergy who lived in it from its creation and who remained until the disendowment of Mendizábal in 1835. Since 1895 a community of Franciscan friars have run the monastery.

The altarpiece of the main chapel dates from the late 17th c. and is Baroque in style.In the centre the Romanesque carving of Santa María La Real holding the infant Christ on her left knee is of outstanding interest.

The early 16th c. choir is in "Catholic Monarch" style and here you can see the influence of the late Gothic and early Renaissance era. The carved choirstalls in walnut are a masterpiece of florid Gothic. In the abbot's throne we can admire the polychrome figure of King Don García.

The cloister was begun in the early 16th c., known as the Cloister of the Knights, was for centuries the burial place of many nobles. Among them we should mention Diego López de Haro with a recumbent sculpture from the 13th c. and at his feet, the Gothic tomb of his wife, Doña Toda Pérez de Azagra. The harmonious mixture of styles such as the florid Gothic of the vaulting and the Plateresque of the tracery arches have created a surprising work of architecture well worth a visit.

Pensión Miguel

tipo de documento Accommodations

...

Santo Domingo de la Calzada

Pensión Miguel is located near the Fray Bernardo de Fresneda Parador, between the old town and the new town. We have 7 rooms in a cosy and family atmosphere. Our rooms are fully equipped, with a bathroom and TV. Extra beds and baby cots are available on request

Place available for storing bicycles
Rooms from €20

Santo Domingo de la Calzada

Pensión Miguel is located near the Fray Bernardo de Fresneda Parador, between the old town and the new town. We have 7 rooms in a cosy and family atmosphere. Our rooms are fully equipped, with a bathroom and TV. Extra beds and baby cots are available on request

Place available for storing bicycles
Rooms from €20

filter_list

Filtrar

close

Find

facetas