Empieza a teclear...
Tu búsqueda no ha obtenido ningún resultado.
tipo de documento semantico attraction
In 1079 Alfonso VI of Castile incorporated the monastery into the Benedictine order of Cluny together with the group of clergy who lived in it from its creation and who remained until the disendowment of Mendizábal in 1835. Since 1895 a community of Franciscan friars have run the monastery.
The altarpiece of the main chapel dates from the late 17th c. and is Baroque in style.In the centre the Romanesque carving of Santa María La Real holding the infant Christ on her left knee is of outstanding interest.
The early 16th c. choir is in "Catholic Monarch" style and here you can see the influence of the late Gothic and early Renaissance era. The carved choirstalls in walnut are a masterpiece of florid Gothic. In the abbot's throne we can admire the polychrome figure of King Don García.
The cloister was begun in the early 16th c., known as the Cloister of the Knights, was for centuries the burial place of many nobles. Among them we should mention Diego López de Haro with a recumbent sculpture from the 13th c. and at his feet, the Gothic tomb of his wife, Doña Toda Pérez de Azagra. The harmonious mixture of styles such as the florid Gothic of the vaulting and the Plateresque of the tracery arches have created a surprising work of architecture well worth a visit.
About this resource...
Loading form, a moment please