formularioHidden
formularioRDF
Login

 

Iniciar sesión

Panel Information

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros para mejorar la experiencia de navegación y ofrecer contenidos de interés. Al continuar con la navegación entendemos que se acepta nuestra política de cookies.

See and Do

facetas

45 results

...

Calahorra

El Museo de la Romanización (The Museum of Romanization) is in the centre of the old town, on Calle Ángel Oliván, in a beautiful building owned by the Regional Government of La Rioja, the Calahorra Town Council being responsible for its maintenance. Built in the 1930s, it is popularly known as the "Casa del Millonario"   (The Millionaire's House) since its owner, in the 1930s, was lucky enough to win a prize of three million pesetas in the National Lottery, and had this house built. Later this building had other uses such as a Notary's Office, a house of tenants, until it became the Museo Municipal in 1984, opened by the King and Queen of Spain. In 2007 it started being refurbished to house the Museum of Romanization, which was finally opened in 2009.  

The building occupies a built area of 414 m2. It is a historic building which consists of ground floor and three storeys, in addition to a garden where architectural materials of greater weight are exhibited. The building maintains its original structure, although some rooms have been remodeled for exhibition rooms. Original elements are several stained-glass doors and windows, marquetry floors and ceilings of the noble rooms, as well as the lift.
  
Services:
- Free guided visits for school groups, upon request by appointment
- Researchers
- Shop: sale of publications of a scientific nature and reproductions

Main Services
Collection: through purchase, donation, or deposit.
Research, cataloguing, and custody.
Conservation and security measures for the collections.
Exhibition organised, didactical and aesthetic.
Educational activities.

Calahorra

El Museo de la Romanización (The Museum of Romanization) is in the centre of the old town, on Calle Ángel Oliván, in a beautiful building owned by the Regional Government of La Rioja, the Calahorra Town Council being responsible for its maintenance. Built in the 1930s, it is popularly known as the "Casa del Millonario"   (The Millionaire's House) since its owner, in the 1930s, was lucky enough to win a prize of three million pesetas in the National Lottery, and had this house built. Later this building had other uses such as a Notary's Office, a house of tenants, until it became the Museo Municipal in 1984, opened by the King and Queen of Spain. In 2007 it started being refurbished to house the Museum of Romanization, which was finally opened in 2009.  

The building occupies a built area of 414 m2. It is a historic building which consists of ground floor and three storeys, in addition to a garden where architectural materials of greater weight are exhibited. The building maintains its original structure, although some rooms have been remodeled for exhibition rooms. Original elements are several stained-glass doors and windows, marquetry floors and ceilings of the noble rooms, as well as the lift.
  
Services:
- Free guided visits for school groups, upon request by appointment
- Researchers
- Shop: sale of publications of a scientific nature and reproductions

Main Services
Collection: through purchase, donation, or deposit.
Research, cataloguing, and custody.
Conservation and security measures for the collections.
Exhibition organised, didactical and aesthetic.
Educational activities.

Catedral de Calahorra

tipo de documento Landscapes

...

Calahorra

It is in the suburb, on the banks of the Cidacos River, guarded by the Bishop's Palace and Paseo de las Bolas.

Origins. Several churches had previously been built on this site before. Renovation started on the former one towards the end of the 15th century and was not completed until 1900 with the placement of the high altarpiece, since the previous one was destroyed in the fire of the 13 June 1900. A large Atrium precedes the Cathedral. In the centre of the floor, the rose of the winds.

The façade: Baroque for some, neoclassical for others, built by the Brothers Raón at the end of the 18th century. It is conceived as an altarpiece of three bodies in a triangular pediment.

It is original, you must go down a few steps to enter it, perhaps because the previous churches had a doorway at the level of the river. When there was flooding in Cidacos, the Cathedral would be flooded and this, together with the building of the road or bridge, led to protection being built, raising the doors. This would explain these steps.

As soon as you enter the Cathedral, you are facing the Retablo de los Reyes, rococo-style. It consists of one body, three sections and a top section. Medallion of the Epiphany, relief of St Jerome and Cristo de la Agonía (which is carried in procession at Easter) are the works of Bazcardo.

Calahorra

It is in the suburb, on the banks of the Cidacos River, guarded by the Bishop's Palace and Paseo de las Bolas.

Origins. Several churches had previously been built on this site before. Renovation started on the former one towards the end of the 15th century and was not completed until 1900 with the placement of the high altarpiece, since the previous one was destroyed in the fire of the 13 June 1900. A large Atrium precedes the Cathedral. In the centre of the floor, the rose of the winds.

The façade: Baroque for some, neoclassical for others, built by the Brothers Raón at the end of the 18th century. It is conceived as an altarpiece of three bodies in a triangular pediment.

It is original, you must go down a few steps to enter it, perhaps because the previous churches had a doorway at the level of the river. When there was flooding in Cidacos, the Cathedral would be flooded and this, together with the building of the road or bridge, led to protection being built, raising the doors. This would explain these steps.

As soon as you enter the Cathedral, you are facing the Retablo de los Reyes, rococo-style. It consists of one body, three sections and a top section. Medallion of the Epiphany, relief of St Jerome and Cristo de la Agonía (which is carried in procession at Easter) are the works of Bazcardo.

Museo de la Verdura

tipo de documento Landscapes

...

Calahorra

El Museo de la Verdura (Museum of Vegetables) has been designed as an interactive and educational centre, being equipped with new technologies, touch screens and computer games to make the contents more attractive. Throughout the centre, there are 18 audiovisuals presenting different aspects of the most important vegetables of Calahorra, ranging from the land to agriculture, gastronomy and the importance of horticultural products in a healthy diet.

THE CENTRE HAS SIX EXHIBITION SPACES:

1.- “El territorio y el hombre”(Territory and Man): Featuring the characteristics of the lands of Calahorra and La Rioja Baja and farmers' work. It contains a video with three documentaries, a map and model of La Rioja Baja and different elements related to farming.

2.- “La agricultura y la huerta” (Agriculture and Farming): Dealing with irrigation systems, the evolution of farming systems, machinery and tools throughout history, soil strata and religious and popular culture on farming.

3.- “Nuestras verduras”(Our Vegetables): Paying special attention to the growing and production of seven vegetables: artichoke, thistle, onion, cauliflower, asparagus, lettuce and pepper. br />
4.- “La Conserva” (Preserves): Explaining traditional preservation methods, where we can see some labels from Calahorra preserves, a 1920s documentary by Conservas Francisco Moreno and another documentary about the current canning factories.

5- “Otros sistemas de conservación” (Other Systems of Preservation): Presenting pre-prepared and pre-cooked product range: washed, pre-cooked and frozen vegetables.

6- “Todo para comer” (Everything for Eating): Dealing with vegetable gastronomy, showing six videos with recipes from six restaurants in the city and pamphlets with recipes from catering establishments. This space is decorated with different cooking devices and utensils used throughout history.

Calahorra

El Museo de la Verdura (Museum of Vegetables) has been designed as an interactive and educational centre, being equipped with new technologies, touch screens and computer games to make the contents more attractive. Throughout the centre, there are 18 audiovisuals presenting different aspects of the most important vegetables of Calahorra, ranging from the land to agriculture, gastronomy and the importance of horticultural products in a healthy diet.

THE CENTRE HAS SIX EXHIBITION SPACES:

1.- “El territorio y el hombre”(Territory and Man): Featuring the characteristics of the lands of Calahorra and La Rioja Baja and farmers' work. It contains a video with three documentaries, a map and model of La Rioja Baja and different elements related to farming.

2.- “La agricultura y la huerta” (Agriculture and Farming): Dealing with irrigation systems, the evolution of farming systems, machinery and tools throughout history, soil strata and religious and popular culture on farming.

3.- “Nuestras verduras”(Our Vegetables): Paying special attention to the growing and production of seven vegetables: artichoke, thistle, onion, cauliflower, asparagus, lettuce and pepper. br />
4.- “La Conserva” (Preserves): Explaining traditional preservation methods, where we can see some labels from Calahorra preserves, a 1920s documentary by Conservas Francisco Moreno and another documentary about the current canning factories.

5- “Otros sistemas de conservación” (Other Systems of Preservation): Presenting pre-prepared and pre-cooked product range: washed, pre-cooked and frozen vegetables.

6- “Todo para comer” (Everything for Eating): Dealing with vegetable gastronomy, showing six videos with recipes from six restaurants in the city and pamphlets with recipes from catering establishments. This space is decorated with different cooking devices and utensils used throughout history.

Tierra Rapaz

tipo de documento Landscapes

...

Calahorra

Tierra Rapaz es un parque de aves rapaces dedicado a la educación medio ambiental, cuyo objetivo prioritario es acercar la ciencia y el estudio sobre estas aves al visitante de una manera divertida y apasionante. En él, se dan a conocer diversas áreas de la biología de estas majestuosas aves como el desarrollo embrionario en un ave rapaz, la cría de sus pollos, sus habilidades para cazar y comportamentales, sus amenazas y problemas de conservación y muchas cosas más. Aprender y divertirse es ahora posible en un parque para todas las edades.

Calahorra

Tierra Rapaz es un parque de aves rapaces dedicado a la educación medio ambiental, cuyo objetivo prioritario es acercar la ciencia y el estudio sobre estas aves al visitante de una manera divertida y apasionante. En él, se dan a conocer diversas áreas de la biología de estas majestuosas aves como el desarrollo embrionario en un ave rapaz, la cría de sus pollos, sus habilidades para cazar y comportamentales, sus amenazas y problemas de conservación y muchas cosas más. Aprender y divertirse es ahora posible en un parque para todas las edades.

...

Calahorra

El edificio está situado en pleno casco antiguo del municipio calagurritano, en la calle homónima y ocupa el emplazamiento de la antigua ermita de los Santos Mártires.  Se trata de una construcción moderna erigida en el año 2010 - 2011.

La cubierta y las puertas presentan un diseño original,ya que están realizadas con estructuras metálicas de acero Cortén.

El Centro de Interpretación "Casa Santa" de Calahorra se centra en los orígenes del Cristianismo, rememorando a los Santos Mártires. 

El emperador Constantino implantó el cristianismo como religión oficial en el año 313 d.C. mediante el Edicto de Milán. Pero previamente muchos cristianos habían sido objeto de persecuciones y martirios, sobre todo con el emperador Diocleciano.

Entre ellos se encuentran San Emeterio y San Celedonio, patronos de Calahorra y legionarios romanos que sufrieron martirio junto al río Cidacos, en el Arenal.

Poetas como Aurelio Prudencio Clemente se hicieron eco de su martirio y nos habla de un Baptisterio construdio en el solar que ocupa hoy la Catedral de Calahorra.

Calahorra

El edificio está situado en pleno casco antiguo del municipio calagurritano, en la calle homónima y ocupa el emplazamiento de la antigua ermita de los Santos Mártires.  Se trata de una construcción moderna erigida en el año 2010 - 2011.

La cubierta y las puertas presentan un diseño original,ya que están realizadas con estructuras metálicas de acero Cortén.

El Centro de Interpretación "Casa Santa" de Calahorra se centra en los orígenes del Cristianismo, rememorando a los Santos Mártires. 

El emperador Constantino implantó el cristianismo como religión oficial en el año 313 d.C. mediante el Edicto de Milán. Pero previamente muchos cristianos habían sido objeto de persecuciones y martirios, sobre todo con el emperador Diocleciano.

Entre ellos se encuentran San Emeterio y San Celedonio, patronos de Calahorra y legionarios romanos que sufrieron martirio junto al río Cidacos, en el Arenal.

Poetas como Aurelio Prudencio Clemente se hicieron eco de su martirio y nos habla de un Baptisterio construdio en el solar que ocupa hoy la Catedral de Calahorra.

...

Calahorra

The Permanent Exhibition of Easter Images is housed in the Church of Salvador from the former existing Convent of San Francisco, which was founded in 1552 on the banks of the Cidacos River. In 1579, the Cabildo and the Council, give the Franciscans some land in the high part of the city where the small Church of El Salvador and the Hermitage of San Sebastián stood, previously a synagogue. This was where Juan de Urruela built the current church in the years when V.P.Fr. Juan de Jesús María the illustrious barefoot Carmelite who died in 1615 in Montecompatri (Italy) and in the current process of beatification.

The brotherhood that organizes this exhibition was founded at the behest of the Franciscans who spread this devotion in the 16th century. It was a brotherhood of flagellants that followed the ups and downs of the history of the city and the country. Carlos III forbade this public discipline but, despite this, the brotherhood continued paying homage to the Passion of Christ and organizing Holy Week processions and other cults, as well as important social and charitable work among the brothers. In 1810 the convent suffered its first disentailment, and in 1836, the definitive one, so the brotherhood became their moments of decline until 1874, when new vitality, confirmed by the presence in the Convent of the Padres del Corazón de María since 1878. It was in 1944 that the brotherhood encouraged industry, trade and local families to donate the images sculpted in Olot (Girona), which can be seen here, along with sculptures that are for worship in other churches, making magnificent processions that, together with the daily life of the brotherhood, has meany Easter in Calahorra has been declared of regional tourist interest.

Calahorra

The Permanent Exhibition of Easter Images is housed in the Church of Salvador from the former existing Convent of San Francisco, which was founded in 1552 on the banks of the Cidacos River. In 1579, the Cabildo and the Council, give the Franciscans some land in the high part of the city where the small Church of El Salvador and the Hermitage of San Sebastián stood, previously a synagogue. This was where Juan de Urruela built the current church in the years when V.P.Fr. Juan de Jesús María the illustrious barefoot Carmelite who died in 1615 in Montecompatri (Italy) and in the current process of beatification.

The brotherhood that organizes this exhibition was founded at the behest of the Franciscans who spread this devotion in the 16th century. It was a brotherhood of flagellants that followed the ups and downs of the history of the city and the country. Carlos III forbade this public discipline but, despite this, the brotherhood continued paying homage to the Passion of Christ and organizing Holy Week processions and other cults, as well as important social and charitable work among the brothers. In 1810 the convent suffered its first disentailment, and in 1836, the definitive one, so the brotherhood became their moments of decline until 1874, when new vitality, confirmed by the presence in the Convent of the Padres del Corazón de María since 1878. It was in 1944 that the brotherhood encouraged industry, trade and local families to donate the images sculpted in Olot (Girona), which can be seen here, along with sculptures that are for worship in other churches, making magnificent processions that, together with the daily life of the brotherhood, has meany Easter in Calahorra has been declared of regional tourist interest.

...

Calahorra

941 132 067

Calahorra

941 132 067

...

Calahorra

This convent was founded in 1598 in Calahorra with barefoot nuns of the Order of Our Lady of Mount Carmel. Many were the people who supported the construction of its church, which was consecrated in the year 1642, among whom we should mention the Bishop of Calahorra y La Calzada, Pedro Manso de Zúñiga and the head of the Patronazgo, José González de Uzqueta.

The monastery church is currently the only part of the convent which can be visited. Consecrated in 1642, it has a Latin cross floor plan, with clearly Carmelite origins, which follows the religious model of the early 17th c. /span>

The façade of the church has a typical Carmelite rectangle crowned by a triangular top with balls. Over the main doorway is a stone image of San José with the infant from 1649 which comes from Madrid, with eagles on either side holding the arms of the González de Uzqueta family.

The main altar is in the classic style from the first half of the 17th century, in the centre of the body, a group of sculptures of the Trinity and Holy Family in the Castilian style of the school of Gregorio Fernández. In the side panels and attic, paintings of the life of Santa Teresa.

In the side altarpiece, on the left you can admire an extraordinary carving of Christ tied to a column, by Gregorio Fernández from 1625 and an oil painting of Jesus Saviour of the World.

In the central nave there are two neo-gothic altarpieces with the images of Saint Teresa de Jesús on the right hand side and the Holy Family on the left.

In the southern arm of the transept a 1644 painting by Bartolomé Román depicting the martyrdom of St. Bartholomew and in the lower choir, a magnificent Romanist crucifix from the late 16th c., by the Portuguese sculptor Manuel Pereira.

The monastery has lodging with a spacious inner patio. The Carmelite nuns who live here make exquisite sweets and confectionery in the monastic tradition.

Calahorra

This convent was founded in 1598 in Calahorra with barefoot nuns of the Order of Our Lady of Mount Carmel. Many were the people who supported the construction of its church, which was consecrated in the year 1642, among whom we should mention the Bishop of Calahorra y La Calzada, Pedro Manso de Zúñiga and the head of the Patronazgo, José González de Uzqueta.

The monastery church is currently the only part of the convent which can be visited. Consecrated in 1642, it has a Latin cross floor plan, with clearly Carmelite origins, which follows the religious model of the early 17th c. /span>

The façade of the church has a typical Carmelite rectangle crowned by a triangular top with balls. Over the main doorway is a stone image of San José with the infant from 1649 which comes from Madrid, with eagles on either side holding the arms of the González de Uzqueta family.

The main altar is in the classic style from the first half of the 17th century, in the centre of the body, a group of sculptures of the Trinity and Holy Family in the Castilian style of the school of Gregorio Fernández. In the side panels and attic, paintings of the life of Santa Teresa.

In the side altarpiece, on the left you can admire an extraordinary carving of Christ tied to a column, by Gregorio Fernández from 1625 and an oil painting of Jesus Saviour of the World.

In the central nave there are two neo-gothic altarpieces with the images of Saint Teresa de Jesús on the right hand side and the Holy Family on the left.

In the southern arm of the transept a 1644 painting by Bartolomé Román depicting the martyrdom of St. Bartholomew and in the lower choir, a magnificent Romanist crucifix from the late 16th c., by the Portuguese sculptor Manuel Pereira.

The monastery has lodging with a spacious inner patio. The Carmelite nuns who live here make exquisite sweets and confectionery in the monastic tradition.